1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio when ripping vob files

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ger, Oct 8, 2002.

1. ger

ger Member

I have ripped a number of vob files from DVDs to my Hard Drive. Most play fine from the HDD, but some don't have any audio. I can't figure out what is happening. Even when ipping various parts of the same disk, some of the ripped files play fine and others don't. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Deznaj

Deznaj Regular member

Hmmm, very strange indeed...

Please give some more information, like what ripper do you use and what program do you use for playing the files from your HD???

3. SweeetBee

SweeetBee Member

I have the same problem with the movie Enough, the 1st and the 3rd vob on both versions(full screen and widescreen) looks like don't have any audio.I ripped with DVD decrypter and Smart ripper too (same thing with both),play them with PowerDvd.But the movie files are short enough to fit in one DVD-R , so I ripped again with smart ripper into two separate files (audio and video) and put them together with dvd maestro and the sounds goes fine. BUT I want the subtitles too and I have no idea how to add them to the movie!!! Can anyone tell me another way to do it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 10, 2002
  4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

On dvd's only one of the .vob files will have info for the dvd player to know which audio track is default.

This happened to me one and I downloaded CM's Digital Video Tool and merged the vob files together and it worked perfectly!