1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio with Radeon HD 3850

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by PumaRider, Nov 21, 2007.

1. PumaRider

PumaRider Member

I just got my new Radeon HD 3850 today. I installed the latest drivers (CCC 7.11) on Windows XP. The drivers for XP suck, but thats beside the point. My computer no longer acknowledges my on board audio adapter, instead its forcing all the audio out of my graphics card since it supports HDMI audio out. I guess there is an option to chance this in the CCC, but the center won't start for me. Any suggestions?

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

System restore, and install the newest drivers from ATi's web site. Then try opening CCC.

3. PumaRider

PumaRider Member

No dice, CCC.exe appears in the processes list for half a second then disappears.

EDIT: Never mind, I forced on board audio in the BIOS menu and my on board Realtek became an option in the sound outputs in control panel.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Catalyst is very sensitive to security settings on your internet connection. If you have a strong firewall, you may wish to temporarily try loosening security on it.

5. PumaRider

PumaRider Member

I don't have a firewall. I just use StopZilla to rid of spyware that gets to my computer, rather than trying to block it from getting here and running into five thousand problems with it.