1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Marvis, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Marvis

Marvis Member

I am new to all this, but learning fast LOL.
    I have ma new computer, 2.4 gig, 1 gb memory, 80g HD, sound blaster audigy and Nvidia mx 440g and LG mga 4020b dvd burner and a canopus advc 1394 capture card.
    Oh and Windows 2000 pro. My purpose is to down loas vhs movies and burn to dvd , Here is the trickie part, so they will play in a home dvd player . I have Pinnical8, the capture care came with WinProducer3 dvd and Vegas Video LE 3.0. Pinnical seem really weak, 17 min captures due to file size??. Win Producer works good but has no support since it came bundled with the capture card a hidden fact as is the limited editon of this program? and Vegas Video is rather complicated and used the least so far.

I have burned several dvd's in several formats and speeds with Pinnical and Winproducer but no audio on my New Sony d300p VHS/dvd combo player which supports VHS, cd, cd-r, cd-rw, cd-rom , MP3 and JPG, video cd,super vcd, dvd, dvd video, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw
    The point is I get no audio on my burnt dvd's.

I need help. Is there something I am missing on these programs or Is there a program that will let me make a dvd that will play on Home dvd players?? or add ons needed?
    Canopus is no help , Intervideo won't help unless I buy from them a program that probally wont work either.

So I am looking to otheres who have been through this and know more than I.

What do I need?

Thanks
    Marvis

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ok...hear me out. This may sound stupid. How many CD/DVD/DVD-R drives to you have in your Computer? If you have two, it may be that the audio connection lead that connects to the back of your DVD Writer and then to your sound card/motherboard (depending if you have onboard sound or not.) is not connected. You will need to connect this cable if you are to burn with sound. Most soundcards have space for two sound leads anyway.

Chris

3. Marvis

Marvis Member

One and it was factory installed. The dvd's will play with audio on the computer, Just not my sony SLV-d300p. Which supports layer 1, 2 and 3 audio.

Thanks

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Is there a line out/line in connection available between your sound card and capture card.

I had a cheapo capture card, when capturing I would get audio (real time) but when I played the captured file back - no audio....

I had this exact same problem - connected the line in/line out and enabled it in the audio settings on windows and wallah - the audio was there - this could be a similar situation.

just a possibility.....