1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no AUDIO_TS folder on a DVD disk

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by andr77, Apr 22, 2004.

1. andr77

andr77 Member

That one really beats me but perhaps some of you know how to go about it. All your suggestions will be most welcome as my head really hurts and my eyes are about to pop up any minute now from staring at the screen. Well, the DVD (Xfiles) I tried to backup didn't have the AUDIO_TS folder in it. What it had was some more folders which stored software for playing DVD movie files (like InterPlayer or some other, don't remember what it was). Neither DVD XCopy Platinum (wrong forum lol) nor DVDdecrypter nor DVDshrink worked. All say error occurred in copying VOB number something, end of story. Seems that the VOB file is in some way linked to the DVD playing software placed additionally on the disk.
    The question is how can I copy a CSS- and region-encrypted DVD (greater than 4.7 GB) with no AUDIO_TS folder but with some other additional folders carrying DVD playing software? Thanks everyone.

2. andr77

andr77 Member

Everyone! Is there no one who's ever had that problem? But there must be! Again: how to copy an encrypted DVD having no AUDIO_TS folder but having other folders containing DVD playing software, like InterPlayer?

Hint: DVD XCopy Platinum, don't do it, DVDshrink don't do it, DVDdecrypter don't do it. What can do it?

Thanks a bunch for all your suggestions.

3. daba

daba Guest

Hi,

You can try with DVD43 (freeware). This "driver" allows you to decrypt a DVD on the fly. Thus the DVD appears as non-encrypted to the program reading it.

Then try to read it with DVD Shrink or Nero Recode or whatever.

Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Daba

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Why are you assuming it's linked to the software on the disc? If all 3 programs get an error at the same point in the same VOB, you could have a dirty, scratched, or poorly manufactured disc. Have you tried playing it with PowerDVD or WinDVD? Have you physically inspected the disc to make sure it isn't dirty or that there isn't a scratch?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

From what I understand, the audio_ts folder is only there for some older players that looked for it to start playing. It is usually empty anyway. Try just ripping the main movie and see if it works. As already suggested, I think you have a dirty or defective original. Usually if several different programs give you the same error at about the same place, its the original.

Jerry

6. andr77

andr77 Member

Well, guys, thanks a bunch. From what everuone of you is suggesting, the disk is dirty. That may well be (I admit I never checked it. I guess that I assumed that if it goes down well with PowerDVD, there is no reason to). I'll try again, and let you know.

7. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

The Audio_TS folder has nothing to do with DVD-Video, and is not there for old players either.
    In DVD-Video discs it will usually be empty, as it is exclusively for AOB files as part of the DVD-Audio format.

As posted, it sounds to me as if the disc itself is damaged. If DVDDecrypter cannot read it, or DVD Xcopy (I still use the 2 separate versions as they have never let me down yet) then it cannot be read.

UNLESS - one of your drives is set to the wrong region. This can throw up an invalid sector error every now & then.