1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No bios for my new computer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tjh392, Feb 16, 2007.

1. tjh392

tjh392 Member

Ok so i finally got my computer up and running. But here is my next problem, i started up the computer and it gave me a quick glimpse of the manufacturers name and the video card i'm using but then the screen goes black, with the _ flashing and waiting for me. No bios system shows up and i'm not sure what to do next. I placed the motherboards cdrom into one of my dvd drives and at it came with

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

I tried using a xp disc instead and i received the same problem.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks
    Tim

2. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

right after you see the video bios display , the mobo post will appear will prompt you to hit del to goto bios, set boot sequence to floppy,cdrom,hdd. make a partition on the new hdd and format to ntfs using the xp disc, you can start xp installation
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  3. tjh392

tjh392 Member

Hi just ried that, still says the above sentence about rebooting. It doesn't give me any options for pressing f8 or esc still after that video bios. Should i reset the cmos by removing the jumper for a second?

4. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

what is your mobo model no?