1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no boot on ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jlg895, Nov 10, 2004.

1. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

sometimes my ps2 (has a mod chip but dont know which one yet, bought it that way)reads disc and sometimes it doesnt. when it doesnt i first get the browser and it gives me the option to select the disc. So i select the disc, it goes black, I hear some whirling, and then it gives me the same option as before. please help. it has became a main source for dvds as well ever since the new madden came out. thank you in advance

2. hmania39

hmania39 Member

yeah some chips won't allow you to boot thte game from the browser, does it boot by turning off the machine with the switch on the back with a disk in, then back on and tap the reset switch and it should load

3. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

ive tried that as well sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Im going to also try to have it professionaly cleaned. hoping that works. If you have any more ideas I appreciate them.

4. hmania39

hmania39 Member

no need to clean it professionally try this link you can do it yourself i've brought many ps2 back to life with this one http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/index.html.
    trust me don't pay for what you can easily do yourself, this guide will help you out
    good luck

5. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

which link were you referring to. the link you sent didnt work so I went to the website and the only thing i came across was replacing a laser. thank you in advance