1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No BUP File - Can I recreate?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Wiener, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Wiener

Wiener Guest

I used smartripper to rip a couple of movies a while back. I was going to Divx them but never got around to it. I now would like to simply write these back onto a DVD. When I try to author the DVD it tells me that I require a BUP file that I don't have. I have the VOBs and an IFO file.
    How can I get these VOBs back onto a DVD?

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I believe that the BUP file is just an exact copy of the IFO file (BUP stands for BackUP) so you might be able to just copy and rename the IFO file.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hmmm that may work (never tried it) however you will ALSO require a VIDEO_TS.ifo and VIDEO_TS.bup to be created in order for a compliant dvd to be created.....

I think you could just use IFOEDIT.....create ifo's (function) and this should re-author the files to include the VIDEO_TS.ifo/bup etc.....

Then 'get VTS sectors' and save them into a VIDEO_TS folder and just burn back......

4. Matador

Matador Regular member

Use DVDFAb
    Go to Other Tools then select Create Video Manager(VIDEO_TS.IFO)

5. mychucky

mychucky Member

The BUP is a backup of the ifo so you can just copy the main ifo just rename it and you are set. I have done it plenty of times