1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no channels after update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by markuk71, Apr 1, 2007.

1. markuk71

markuk71 Member

I was getting about 250 channels using sportster pro 1.08 until i clicked on update in sportster extras>online update.cam update>keks update>var-area update>root update and channel list update. then it said transponder scan failed. now i have reinstalled sportster 1.08 and it finds 188 transponders in slow scan but no channels. if i use fast scan it doesnt find any transponders and it overwrites my service.xml with nothing inside the xml. i have a feeling it has something to do with my cables.xml ive tried so many i dont know what to try next. could there be a setting that i havent changed in sportster or is it the xml files that are causing the problem. i am using the uk modded sportster and have picked my area in the option. im in liverpool.
    hope someone can help
    cheers

2. Rico3k

Rico3k Member

Try using another image that uses bruteforce to scan and i see your also using setmylocation which should be available on the images that use bruteforce

3. markuk71

markuk71 Member

I am using sportster 1.08 with netid scanning and it gives you a list of every city in the uk . also i can choose to scan on brute force for uk >cableuk Sym6952 and cableuk Sym6887. ive installed the images from a few sites and are all the same. is it possible i have deleted keys or something? could it have damaged the tuner by updating something?
    when clicked on onlineupdate in extras you get a screen with camd update,keks update, var-area update, root-bereich-update and channel list update. i clicked all of them then after this i scanned and it said transponder failed. now ive reinstalled sportster 1.08uk and i get scan successful but no channels are found. if i do a slow scan i get 188 transponders with cableuk Sym6952 and 303 with brutforce but can find one channel.
    i really hope someone can help because its driving me completely mental.

4. Rico3k

Rico3k Member

Try the federation image as the sportster and possiblly a few other images you have tried are out of date as i had the same problem as you until i discovered the federation image and i've had no problems since :D

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There is nothing out of date. There were no change in the past from the cc's beside of the key rolling method and that method is covered.
    I bet the reflash fails and there is still the botched image at the box.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  6. markuk71

markuk71 Member

is it possible that virgin media could know im scanning or using cable tv from my internet connection and have changed my signal strength? i gotthe box about 5 days ago plugged it in done a fast scan and every single channel appeared . im an idiot i should have left it the way it was. could any updates damage the tuner?

7. markuk71

markuk71 Member

is it possible that virgin media could know im scanning or using cable tv from my internet connection and have changed my signal strength? i gotthe box about 5 days ago plugged it in done a fast scan and every single channel appeared . im an idiot i should have left it the way it was. could any updates damage the tuner?

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

What's happened is you have deleted files from your dbox during the attempted update. You need to flash a new image to your DBox and do a bruteforce scan, fast scan off. Every time you do a scan it will overwrite the services.xml file, it's supposed to do that. The other option is to get a service & bouquet file from the site in my signature below and FTP them to your zappit folder.

9. markuk71

markuk71 Member

ive tried the slow scan about 500 times it takes forever gets to the end of all the transponders and finds nothing at all. some people say its the image is no good but i really dont believe its go anything to do with the image also there is a good signal coming in so i really think its somthing to do with either the cables.xml file or the keys. can someone tell me if all the keys and cams come with the 1.08uk modded image and also its impossible for me to download anything from http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb because ive used up all my email addresses registering and havent had any emails to activate my account. so it wont let me log in. do i need a cables.xml specifically for liverpool or is the one that is on the 1.08uk image ok because for it to find transponders it has to read the cables.xml file but im thinking it these transponders are wrong then it cant find the channels. are all the cableuk 6952 and bruteforce cables xml files exatly the same or all different?
    sorry for all the questions but im pissed off with this box its taking over my life.

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Did you a complete reflash of the box?

11. markuk71

markuk71 Member

also if i do a fast scan after about 50 seconds it says scan completed successfully regardless of the cable being connected to the ariel socet. should i find the transponders with no cable connected to the box on fast scan?someone try this please.

12. markuk71

markuk71 Member

i did a complete flash the other day but and flashed it a million times since then

13. markuk71

markuk71 Member

the last flash was without bootloader