1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no colour using swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by neo_stebo, May 12, 2004.

1. neo_stebo

neo_stebo Member

when using swap magic dvd ver 2.0, the games run but they are in black and white. When i use the swap magic 3.0 cd version 3.2 build disc they both make the screen red. The two games are baldurs gate 2 and dragon ball z budokai 2. Baldurs gate i burned using a easy cd creator 5 iso, and the dbz budokai 2 i burned using a nero iso. Anyone had a similar problem or know how to correct this?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it appears that you are trying to play a ntsc game on a pal ps2 or the other way round(pal on ntsc) make sure your tv supports that video signal if not you will have to patch the game with a pal/ntsc selector

3. neo_stebo

neo_stebo Member

i have identified that it is a problem of trying to play a PAL game on a NTSC console. I have a ver 1 ps2 yet i followed the instructions for the boot loader with swap magic.
    but i ended up with 4 coasters, as each time i tried the ps2 loader disc the screen flashed pink and froze.

The first one i made using the dvd decrypter, the 2nd one i did using the dvd decrypter set to cd in write mode.(no bottom right button that i found)
    Next i tried burning it using acohol 120%. And finally i tried making a a copy of second attempt and reburning with alcohol all to no success.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

sorry i'm getting a little lost here are you trying to use cdloader now if so what are you burning it to,what speed are you burning at and are you using swapmagic cd disc to boot cdloader

5. neo_stebo

neo_stebo Member

I am trying to use boot loader.

I burned it on a maxell cd, at 4x using my lg 52x32x52x GCE 8525B cd-rw.

I am using swap magic disc to load it.