1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No data on disc after burning?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by boy2man86, May 1, 2005.

1. boy2man86

boy2man86 Member

I've used a ton of programs (Magic ISO, Blindwrite, Nero, Alcohol 120%) for random file types, usually .ccd, .bin/.cue, and now .nrg but I'm having this problem where they will burn certain image files but there will be no data on the disc afterwards. When I check the image itself, though, there is definitely data on it. I have been able to burn regular audio CDs, data, some .bin/.cue files, but I still run into a lot of problems.

I have an Artec 12x 4x 12x DVD+R/RW. Any suggestions, like diagnostic tests or something, would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I assume you are getting 'burn successful' or equivalent messages with the various burning programs?

1.What O/S are you using?
    2.Have you checked the disc in someone else pc to confirm no data?
    3.Do you know whether the disc is being finalised/closed off when the burn is completed - eg not multisession?
    4.What software is actually telling you that there is no data on the disc - eg win explorer etc?

3. boy2man86

boy2man86 Member

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I get a burn successful message.

1)Windows XP
    2)Yes, it shows no data in another computer as well. It doesn't say blank disc, it says free space: 0 bytes, total size: 0 bytes
    3)Yes, I check the "finalize" box before burning.
    4)Yes, Windows Explorer doesn't show any data on the disc.

I actually tried to re-burn it with Nero and, I checked the "Verify Data" box and it hung up at 22%, so perhaps there is something there.
    My Nero version is 6.6.0.3. Thanks again.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Try uninstalling your drive and rebooting, this will reinstall the drive.
    Also uninstall the IDE controller, either primary/secondary depending on which one it is connected to and the rebooting.

These can be found in device manager.

Funny enough, it maybe that your burner may require a firmware update aswell, consider this as a last resort as it could damage your burner permanently and so would be at your own risk.

What media brand is it by the way?

5. boy2man86

boy2man86 Member

I will try to reinstall the drive as you've suggested.

I've tried both HP and Imation brand discs.

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I would try another brand like ritek, TDK or Taiyo Yuedens.

7. boy2man86

boy2man86 Member

I've tried burning on 2 different burners and the same problem arises. I used my HP discs the second time, so I'm convinced that the media is the problem. Before I go buy some other brands, is there a program that lets you convert .ccd and .nrg files to another format where you can burn it? Thanks.

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

not 100% sure but I think Dvd Decrypter can burn .nrg files, maybe wrong but I have never burned those types of files before.............