1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No digital decoder in amp or dvd player

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by ldbinoz, Apr 8, 2007.

1. ldbinoz

ldbinoz Member

I am running an old yamaha Rx-v692 which has 5.1 analogue input and output. My dvd player doesn't have a dolby digital decoder.at the moment i am running 2channel stereo. I was looking at buying "Creative ddts-100" that way i could connect DVD and PC etc. So would i connect the DVD and other inputs digitaly to the ddts100 then connect the ddts 5.1 analogue to the amp. and speakers to the amp. Do you think this is the right product to get me 5.1.
    Thanks

2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

IMHO; it actually does look like a good product--of course; I'll leave this thread for others to comment on also; but I don't think that's a bad way to go---Only other word of advice I have for you is that you make sure you shop around for bang/buck so you don't get ripped off;)

3. ldbinoz

ldbinoz Member

Thanks heaps i wasn't sure if the ddts 1oo was also like and amp and had to be connected directly to speakers.thanks again i will shop around $270 australian dollars a bit cheaper over there.