1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"No Disc is in the drive" error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by JohnStark, Feb 26, 2007.

1. JohnStark

JohnStark Member

I've been using DVD Shrink very successfully for awhile now, ever since getting advice on these forums to use Verbatim for my burning medium.

Suddenly, whenever I put a DVD into my burner and start up DVD Shrink to copy it, DVD Shrink tells me that there is no disc in the drive. I have not updated any software on this computer or changed my computer's configuration at all prior to getting this error, so I'm perplexed as to why DVD Shrink cannot seem to read a disc from my DVD drive.

I'm using a LiteOn 56x DVD burner (cost about 65 dollars), and Verbatim DVDs. I've successfully burned hundreds of movies, but suddenly DVD Shrink tells me there is no disc in the drive.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is it possible that you are now attempting to backup newer released movies? If so Shrink isn't going to work on those as it is no longer updated to handle newer encryptions.

I would recommend you give these two guides a go.

Installing RipIt4Me
    Backing up with RipIt4Me

That should solve your problems :)

3. JohnStark

JohnStark Member

Some of the movies are newly released (but not new releases, they are older movies that are just making it to DVD recently in the past few months). Some of them have been out for quite some time though. The thing is, I was having no problems whatsoever with DVD Shrink and burning movies until I tried to burn some today. Why would I have no problems with movies I was burning just last weekend, but then hit this snag today? Encryption doesn't change that fast.

I'll check these out. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Encryption changes from title to title. Say you have an old movie that just came out on DVD and Lionsgate put out the movie. Lionsgate has different encryption than Sony. I do not know what the movie title's are so it is hard for me to figure if it is a DVD Shrink error or if there is another error involved.

Maybe try downloading DVDFab Decrypter. You can get that here: http://dvdidle.com/free.htm

or as bbmayo suggested RI4M is an excellent tool. You will need DVD Decrypter and FixVTS installed. Make sure that you have DVD Decrypter installed first, and then use the auto install feature that RI4M offers. That will put FixVTS into the RI4M folder.

The program is great, but just because you update it, always check to see if there is an update to FixVTS and replace the new one with the old one.

Let us know how it goes.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ohhhhh, but it does!! :) As stated by syxguns it changes constantly and DVD Shrink hasent been updated in years so you can count yourself lucky to have been doing as good as you have. Both of the guides I provided will walk you threw the whole process from setting up RipIt4Me w/ DVD Decypter and DVD Shrink. All the programs you will need are there also :) I made it as easy as possible, and it may seem hard at first but once you have went throught it you will see it is pretty easy and it will have you back up and burning in no time.

Good luck