1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Disc

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dabat01, Apr 21, 2007.

1. dabat01

dabat01 Member

I normally can get a copy of every movie I want; however, lately I've come across a few (from Black Ice prod.) that i can't copy at all. They play just fine in my stand-alone player, but I can't get them to even show on my computer. I tried with AnyDVD, CloneDVD, DVDDecrypter, DVDFabDecrypter, and with my VLC player but it all shows no disc. Lucky for me I shave my head or I would definately be pullling my hair out. Anybody have a clue?

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

are the DVDs in bad shape or scratched?

only other thing is make sure you have the latest firmware update for your drives

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

some players are pickier than others.... but usually the computer will see all store bought DVDs unless it's damaged or dirty. If it's dirty then you need to clean it.... use water, denatured alcohol, windex, or eye glass cleaner to clean the DVD with a lint free cloth! spray on your choice of cleaner... use the lint free cloth and wipe clean in one motion from the inner circle to the outer edge in a straight line! Do not rub in round circles! The laser reads the disk in a circular motion so if you rub in a circular motion around the DVD you will make it impossible for a player to read your disk....... straight lines from inner circle to outer edge. Hope this helps you with your problem disks. good luck.... welcome to afterdawn.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  4. dabat01

dabat01 Member

Thanks for the help. However, the discs are clean and seemingly unblemished. The discs play fine in my PYE DVD player and the same in my Cyberhome player just not on my computer.

5. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

try another PC and see if they play in that