1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No dvd file??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kris147, Feb 12, 2007.

1. kris147

kris147 Member

I have downloaded quake 4 and after extracting it, there was no dvd file, so I did what someone said in here to enter the layer break number and the name of the iso in notepad and save it as .dvd.

OK cool i thought, yet now after I burned it, my 360 tells me that the disc is unreadable, I know it is though, because I burned 3 copies of the same quake 4. So am I doing anything wrong or what?? Or is it that the copy if messed up? Because its not the region code as its region free.

Anyone know? Or even had this problem before?

And yes I tried cleaning the disks etc etc, and have burned 5 games with the same discs (verbatim 2.4 DL 8.5GB) that same night and each of those work. I have used these discs for over 50 games so I know they work.. Just this quake wont :-\

I am sure its got something to do with the notepad thing I made.

LayerBreak=1913760
    slv-quake.360

the image is called slv-quake.360 so I wrote it exactly the same.

So is this right?

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

the image is called slv-quake.360? Surely this should end in .iso or .image
    I have never seen a game file as .360

you could try image burn just to load up the image file and enter in the layer brek manually to see if that works, if that fails i would guess you've got a dodgy rip of the game if all your other burns work fine.

3. motomods

motomods Regular member

rename the file to slv-quake.iso instead of slv-quake.360 and change your .dvd file so the inner text is slv-quake.iso.. and also include the layer break.. and when you burn they need to be in the same directory in the same folder.. hope this helps..

4. navsav

navsav Regular member

Why deso the seeder or creator of this hae to put it in the .360 format? Is that to prevent people from searching out .iso files? I mena if all it takes is to change the extension why is that not already done. Let me know if this works for you since I have a few .360 files which I have not done anything to yet - just don't need to be creating 4 dollar coasters!!

5. kris147

kris147 Member

^^ tell me about it. Stupid coasters!!

Thanks for the help guys, but it didnt work. Another 2 coasters.

I have since downloaded a different version and got it working.

BUT, I have also downloaded Fifa 06 road to world cup, Burned it onto a DL DVD and when I put the game into my 360 it kind of loads then a big message says to play this game, pace it into an xbox 360 console.

What the hell is that about??

I am fed up of these coasters.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007