1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no dvd playback, windvd MFC application error

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by adamr6cox, Mar 9, 2004.

1. adamr6cox

adamr6cox Member

hope someone can help,

I cannot playback any dvd movies (backed up and originals), the dvd will play the initial intro then go to the dvds start menu fine, as soon as i click on start it will crash. Or once the initial cycle of music or background intro has finished on the start menu it will crash displaying the following error.

Windvd MFC Application has encountered a pronlem and needs to close.

Error signature

AppName windvd.exe AppVer 4.0.5.39 ModName gpiproxy.dll

Modver 4.0.5.39 Offset 0013e3a5

i have installed powerdvd and inter actual player and both have the same problem .....???

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. rdodds

rdodds Member

just curious if yo ever resolved this. I have the exact same issue. thanks

3. hmartinp

hmartinp Member

I also get an error in WinDVD 4, gpiproxy.dll , when I try to play DVD's on my new player/writer. The Mfg, IOMAGIC, appears to be stumped. I updated the ASPI layer and uninstalled Win Media Player, but no solution. On SOME DVD's I can EXPLORE the vob files and get them to play in a choppy fasshon for a few seconds, but clicking the IFO files cause the error dump.... Some DVD's won't even let me explor at all.

HELP!!!

4. rdodds

rdodds Member

5. hmartinp

hmartinp Member

I downloaded the Windows Media 7 (only one "mandatory" I hadn't updated). The DVD I then inserted flipped through the chapters, about one second each, but wouldn't play. Upon getting out of WinDVD the error reappeared and I could not even get the Chapter snipits again.

HOWEVER, I was putsing around in MyComputer/Properties(for the DVD)/Settings, and unchecked the DMA box. IT NOW WORKS!! Not sure what the dynamic memory allocation has to do with it, except something was tromping on something else, apparently(??). Any ideas??

btw...thanks for the help