1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No fast forward for my SVCD?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lair, Dec 27, 2001.

1. lair

lair Member

I bought a new Daewoo player that does a great job of playing my SVCD burned with Nero, but it will not fast forward or fast rewind...a BIG problem for my planned use/

Is this true of all player or do I need to change a Nero setting or use mpg's instead of avi's when I begin to burn?

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

2. athlonxp

athlonxp Member

I have da same problem 2. I can make chapters easily in TSCV and VCDEasy but when played in my Wintel and fast Forward is pressed it stuffs up. Even using Nero i have da same problem as you is there any one who can help us ??????????????????????

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Some (many) players have this problem for some reason with Nero-burned SVCDs and there are solutions for it -- one is to place scandata.dat file into the SVCD layout before burning it. I suggest that you visit excellent (gosh! even better than our site :) site called VCDHelp.com and look at their burning guides.

I've also read that the very latest version of Nero should fix this problem with most of the DVD players.

And for Windows use -- don't know, but I assume your MPEG-2 codec is not very good one.

4. athlonxp

athlonxp Member

I found a file that might work for fast forward on svcd at http://www.vcdhelp.com/nerosvcd.htm its a scandata.dat file that u put into the EXT Folder. Havn't tried it yet ?

5. lair

lair Member

I seem to have solved the problem by downloading the newest Nero version, but I had to buy the MPEG plugin for SVCD as my old plugin did not work. I guess it was worth the $16.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member