1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No go for Zoom

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by inazsully, Feb 13, 2007.

1. inazsully

inazsully Member

First it was a Sony's DVD (Grudge2) now it's Columbia's (Zoom Academy for Superheros, get error message on Shrink. Anydvd + Shrink is killing me.

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I would suggest trying it via ripit4me. You can get the files you need here: http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html

AnyDVD and Shrink are not getting along as well as they once did. Little problem called fixvts licensing! The freebie fixvts will not provide license for the pay program AnyDVD.

Ripit4me will do all the new encryptions including the movies you mentioned. You can read the use and install instructions here: http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html (I really recommend reading this you will learn a lot but here is the shortie install instructions)

A. If you did not have shrink installed, you would have to now, but you do!

B. Go to http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ and download SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe [879KB] Install this file before you proceed.

C. Go to http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html and download the Version 1.6.9.0 (RipIt4Me.zip, 162 KB) file, the link is in blue.

D. Go to http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html and download the RipIt4Me installer (1.1 Mb) file, the link is in red.

E. Double click on the RipIt4Me.zip file to unpack it. Leave it.

F. Double click on the Ripit4me installer.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.

This will put everything in the right place and you are good to go. I recommend using the one click mode for everything until you are familiar with the program. This mode will basically dump you into shrink and then you will proceed from there as you always have, but you will now have a good clean rip loaded into it.

3. slab

slab Member

Zoom ripped so far with ripit4me with some strange errors but still came up in shrink just fine. let you know after burn.

4. inazsully

inazsully Member

Everything seemed to go fine. I put it through Decrypter then Shrink ( I chose reauthor which was only 3900) and then when I tried to copy with Nero I got a message saying the movie was too long to fit on the blank.

5. slab

slab Member

had to go back to movie only in shrink after ripit4me.
    the movie with menus just wouldn't play right.

plays fine with movie only

6. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Make sure you guys are using the one click mode. Anything else and the settings can get wonked if you are not used to the program and what it does and can do.

If you are using one click, did you change any prefs settings?

Regarding the nero burn error, could you post the burn log? It should be in the programs files for nero. Did you try another disk. Sometimes cheep disks can be a problem. I use verbatim and don't have any coasters anymore.

Glad you got movie only, I will try this movie later today, I am in town for a few days and my kids want this anyhow.

Oh yes and if you can tell us what the ripit errors were that would help too. Usually ripit has a log as well.

7. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

did that one with dvdfab and shrink with no trouble

8. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

There is no reason that DVDFab or Ripit4me should not do this movie unless something is wrong in setup or installation. Both of these programs will work with Shrink for the new encryptions.

EDIT: OK, or hardware, or burning media, or bad computer upkeep (re defrag, cleanup and regclean never done) can't leave those out!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  9. rannh651

rannh651 Member

no problem at all what so ever with ripit4me , fixvts to decrypter then ran in shrink. download all of those programs, leave all settings as they come with the downloads, use 1 click method and watch the movies appear right before your eyes.

10. rannh651

rannh651 Member

no problem at all what so ever with ripit4me , fixvts to decrypter then ran in shrink. download all of those programs, leave all settings as they come with the downloads, use 1 click method and watch the movies appear right before your eyes.

11. antron

antron Member

I had no problem with Zoom except when u copy it to a disc it act like is going to play but it keep bringing u back to the main menu and it won't let me go no futher, please help

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Antron if you had no problems then did you mean as far as the ripping goes? I often just use DVDFab Decrypter, but I still run those files threw FixVTS after just to be sure there are no issues.

What method did you use?

13. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

We need a little more information so we can help. I take it you were using ripit? Was it in shrink that it failed, decyrpter, image burn, nero? We need to know. Also if it failed in your burner you will get a log. Post that too.