1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Idea How to Burn PS2 Games.

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by tmoney110, Feb 22, 2007.

1. tmoney110

tmoney110 Member

I recently bought the swap magic but have NO idea how to burn games. I would really like to get started in doing this if I learn how. I have some Maxell CD-Rs and I have Nero 6, DVD Decrypter, and Alcohol 120%. I really have no idea how to burn anything but cds, so please don't say go zip this or anything like that, because I will have no idea what you are talking about. YES, I might be an idiot when it comes to computers but would like to learn how to do this. If anyone could help me, probably something like a step by step process, like where do I get games online and stuff like that then move to how to burn them. Thank you very much in advance who can help me.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

If you want to leave how to burn stuff, it's quite simple. Use the search button feature that's there for a reason or look through these forums for the specific section related to your question and find it. There's already a stickie located there that has answered a lot of commonly asked questions such as yours. Give it a shot.

EDITED: Don't ask where to download games and such. It isn't tolerated here. And btw, Maxell CD-Rs? Last time I checked, you can't use a 700mb CD to burn a PS2 game, even if it is a PS2 CD-based game though I'm not 100% certain. Don't have any DVD-/+ R/RW?

EDITED again: http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/115
    There's a list of stickies there you can check out. Find one related to what burn prog. and such you want to use and good luck. The step-by-step process is a bit of a lengthy text(not really) and easily found there with images too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  3. tmoney110

tmoney110 Member

o ok, I'll start searching around a little more and see what I can find. didn't know not to ask that stuff but I'll remember next time. I do have some DVD-R somewhere, not sure what kind though. I heard DVD-RW are hard to burn. thanks for the help.

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

RW disks do not work on the ps2, do not use them

5. PS_GaMeR

PS_GaMeR Member

Well I wouldnt say RW disks are "hard" to burn, theyre just not good for the PS2 laser (as far as I know). But they DO work on a PS2, I myself tried it out. But you really shouldnt use them, as they might damage the PS2.

6. jin666

jin666 Regular member

Yes it's best to keep as far away from RW disks on the PS2, there bad for the laser.

Jin666