1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no ifo found using converted vobs

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sennis, Mar 17, 2007.

1. sennis

sennis Member

I had multiple avi files whihc i used ashampoo to convert them to vob files so that i could use dvdshrink to take them and shrink them into a nice iso file so that i could get multiple movie files on one dvd.

when i open file in shrink its telling me video_ts.ifo not there

now there wasn't a ifo created when i done the conversion, just the vobs, do i have to create a ifo myself? if so a website i could go to so that i can learn how to do it?

thanks
    steve

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

were you using ashampoo shrink and burn to do this? and had the problem? for one thing dvd shrink can't do what you are asking it to do, you might try using vso convertxtodvd for your avi files, ashampoo will burn the converted files to dvd but you need the ifo files also to do this

3. sennis

sennis Member

yes, i used ashampoo shrink and burn to take the avi files and xmute them to vob files, but when i tried to get ashampoo to burn them, i can only get ashampoo to burn them to a cd and not a dvd.

ok i will try the convertxtodvd

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Unless you want to buy the software, I'd suggest the Nero trial and use Nero Vision for the job. The programs are similar, I own them both. However the ConvertXtoDVD trial marks the output and Nero doesn't. If you're going to buy, I'd suggest using both trials and decide. I find them similar. Nero 7 is a good burner suite, I owned it before ConvertXtoDVD, which was a gift.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007