1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no image --eep help!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kozmiq, Aug 24, 2004.

1. kozmiq

kozmiq Member

Hi :)
    I followed the "Copy your DVD into DivX5 format - Guide for 16:9 anamorphic movies" and have ended up with a divX file with sound and no image. I suspect two problems:
    1) I may not have installed the VFAPI Reader Codec properly (and if so how should i go about doing this?)
    2)While in VirtualDub, under the Configure menu for the DivX 5.0 Codec, I was not allowed to select any MPEG4 tools (Use quarter pixel, use gmc, use bidirectional encoding). I don't understand why I am not allowed to select these options when from what I can tell I have the same set-up as the guide.

Anyways, I don't know anything about this and the forum search was no help... so if anyone out there in the ether can help enlighten me that would rock. THX!!

2. kozmiq

kozmiq Member

Is there no one out there who can help?!!?

:(

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

4. kozmiq

kozmiq Member

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. And now I can't see any image when I try to preview in VirtualDub... ack, what a nightmare.