1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No internet connection after service pack 2 install

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by raretoy, Jan 21, 2007.

1. raretoy

raretoy Member

Just what it says. I did a widows update, it told me to download and install service pack 2 so I did. I have internet explorer 7 and working with microsoft xp home edition. I cant figure it out. Please help. Thanks.

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

You might have to turn off the Windows firewall. That gets enabled by default in SP2.

Keep in mind, that updating to SP2 after having everything else running may show other signs of instability. Installing XP with SP2 already intergrated, then installing the rest of the software is the better choice. Though some may not always have that option with so much already on the system.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  3. CraCker19

CraCker19 Member

no offense,but if windows firewall is meant to be disabled
    why do you tink its intergrated in windows?
    it has been as a known issue,after installing sp2,unable to browse
    or only able to bring up the homepage,not able to browse anytin else than that the homepage
    the best thing to do is..
    get in touch wif microsoft-13 20 58
    let the certified dudes do the work...
    sit back and follow

u'll able to browse and also at the same time windows firewall is also enabled

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

uninstall ie7 as been cases with both legit & non-legit xp's not able to connect to net after ie7 is installed. the fact you were able to connect til sp2 was installed shows there is a possible issue between sp2 & ie7. could try reinstalling sp2 than ie7 to see if can connect.

5. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

No offense...but any elite guru worth a grain of salt, knows better than to leave Microsoft to manage their computer security. Just because it's integrated into Windows, doesn't mean it's worth a crap.

As ddp and I already suggested, it's better to have SP2 installed first, the better of the two having been integrated into XP as a full install. Then, install IE 7.

"Let the certified dudes do the work"...

Now that's funny...