1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no IP address??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by isuballr, Sep 13, 2004.

1. isuballr

isuballr Guest

a friend of mine loaded EvoX dashboard onto my xbox the other day. i beleive he also loaded a Super Nintendo emulator, because he was going to xfer over an entire library of SN games. only problem was that when he connected my Xbox online, i had no IP address. he was clueless. he had only had this happen once before, and he couldn't figure it out then. he's done a ton of these with success. i'm trying to figure it out myself with no luck. i'm not sure what version i have, but it's early, i bought it in early 2002. thanks in advance for any help.

2. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

put slayers auto disc in and you should read the ip address. if u need n - e more help reply to this

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Some boxes have been known to have wonky ethernet jacks....just do the old wiggle reboot and try again deal. Usually when your box is set to go but can't find a connection it'll read 0.0.0.0 as an IP addy. It's just saying that it knows it's connected to something (hence the numbers) but it has no idea what it is (reason for the 0's)

4. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

so does your xbox work now?

5. L33

L33 Member

Is your IP set in your Evox.ini file?

It should be something like 192.168.0.3.

Also, FTP has to be enabled in the Evox settings too.

Find out more on the tutorials page of xbox-scene.com

6. isuballr

isuballr Guest

yes the Xbox works, but it turns out they guy was doing a softmod (i think that's what its called) way of loading evox by using the MechAssault game and Linux(?). anyway, i just ordered the Xenium Ice modchip and made an evox bootdisc for when i get the chip installed. i'm going to do it myself and try and learn as much as i can. thanks for the help y'all.

7. rowenj

rowenj Member

how do i change the ip address on my pc?,my xbox ip address is 192.168.0.3. but the ip address on my pc is different.

8. ProMod33

ProMod33 Member

EvoX sucks, get UnleashX...

9. isuballr

isuballr Guest

what's the difference between EvoX and UnleashX?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2004