1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No .iso file found

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ashman1, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

I have tried to burn a few games like the new Resident Evil & Tony Hawk Underground. I used the DVD Decryptor and after it read (in iso mode) the DVD I was only able to select an .mds file (no .iso file was found). I wrote the .mds file to my blank DVD and tried to load it in my console. It did not work. I have successfully burnt many games that do work. But, the games that do work have been created using the .iso file. Can someone please explain to me what is going on?

Thank you

2. ablunt

ablunt Member

i too am having the same problem. i have burned games like splinter cell pandora tomorrow with no problems, but i have tried to burn resident evil outbreak, and LOTR Return of the King, all i get is a .mds (no iso file showed up) file to burn. At first LOTR worked, but now it just freezes up. I know people have burned these games correctly, please help.
    thanks

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

I figured out the problem. I have Windows XP and I was running FAT32 on my computer. A computer running FAT32 can't handle images over 4 gigs. So, games that are over 4 gigs are difficult to back-up.

Windows XP has a built-in file system converter, so I converted my system to NTFS and have had no problems since then. It is very simple to do and I attached a link to Microsoft to guide you through the steps.

To find out if you are running FAT32, go to your Control Panel and open up Administrative Tools. Select Computer Management and then click on Disk Management. Over to the right you should see a heading labeled File System. Under that it should read FAT32 or NTFS. If you are running FAT32 you need to convert to NTFS. Your computer will also run a lot better after you convert to NTFS. If you want more information about this conversion, do a Google search on “convert FAT32 to NTFS”.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/convertfat.mspx

I hope this helps.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Windows Xp
    Sony’s Internal DVD±RW Drive DRU-530A
    Media: Ritek DVD-R G04 4x
    DVD Decryptor
    PS2 v5 Flip Top with SMD
    DVD Loader[/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  4. ablunt

ablunt Member

Hey thanks for replying, how did you convert your system, without losing all of your data?
    thanks

5. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

When you do the convert no data is lost. Because the converter is built into Windows, it is very safe. The whole process took me a total of 15 minutes. Look in the link that I posted and scroll to the bottom. Follow the directions. They are pretty straight forward. All you have to do is type in a command and let your computer do the rest. Your computer will re-start after the conversion is complete and you are ready to go.

If you are running FAT32 with XP, it is recommended that you convert to NTFS. It makes XP more secure and stable.

Like you, I was a little concerned about losing data. But, it is totally safe. If you are still skeptical, search microsoft.com for more information.

Good luck.