1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Live Update option in mPT 3.11h.

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by CdSlc, Jan 25, 2005.

1. CdSlc

CdSlc Member

I have Motorola V180 phone and I have downloaded the mPT 3.11h from one of the links in this forum. The file was something like "MobilePhoneTools 3.11h_Retail.rar" or something of that sort.

My phone gets recoginzed by mPT, I can see the v180 image, I have the Motorola USB Modem selected. But when I click on Menu - Setup, I don't have the 'Live Update' option that everybody is talking about. What am I doing wrong? Somewhere I read that this happens if we are running an European version of mPT in US. Is this true? If so, where can I get the US version of mPT 3.11h?

Thanks a lot.

2. CdSlc

CdSlc Member

Got this fixed.

Uninstalled 3.11h.
    Installed 1.23 version.
    Then installed 2.26 version.
    At this point, I had the LiveUpdate option in the Setup menu.
    Ran LiveUpdate and the software got upgraded to 3.19.

Thanks.

3. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

did you have to install the Motorola USB modem driver separately, or did you just install Mobile Phone Tools and that took care of it?

4. CdSlc

CdSlc Member

The first time when I installed mPT, I had to manually install the USB Modem driver. For some reason XP was picking up the wrong driver. But once I manually pointed it to the right directory then the Device Manager showed me an entry for 'Motorola USB Modem'. After that installing/uninstalling mPT had no negative effect on the driver and it was always working perfectly fine.