1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no luck with nero 6 or DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lkailburn, Oct 8, 2003.

1. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

Hey, i'm new to the boards. I can't seem to get my backup copies of my ps2 games to work.
    i am using: gameshark v2 disks and a flip top
    : no name dvd+r's
    the media works, i can backup my movies with no problem using dvdXcopy, and they work fine on my playstation. also my ps1 backups work fine using the gameshark disks to swap. but when i try nero 6 or dvd decrypter, when it first reads the disk it makes a horribly loud screetching noise, then trys to read a few more times, then just stops and sits there. this noise doesn't happen with anything but my attempted ps2 dvd backups. any suggestions??

2. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

by the way, i followed the instructions here for burning with dvd decrypter, and in nero i made sure to uncheck on the fly. i also burnt at 1x.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

first, make sure that version of gameshark works for dvd based games (i don't know, just an idea). Secondly, switch media to name brand. Games need to read a lot better than movies. I tried princo and movies worked (kinda), but games didnt.

4. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

thanks, i'll try some name brands. what are good quality(but still resonably priced)?

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Everybody recommends ritek. They are cheap and seem to work. Most name brand discs are $2 each, and ritek is around $1. I use memorex or tdk, but my buddy works at best buy, so i get them cheaper.

6. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

i just bought a 5 pack of memorex +R's(for 16 bucks!), used dvd decrypter, successfully made the iso, and successfully burned it, but still did not work. before i created the iso, i went into settings/iso mode and changed file split from 'auto' to 'none'. and i still came out with 2 different files. one is the .iso file, and the other is .msd. ( i tried burning before, noticed the two files, and thought i should change some setting, that is why today, i changed the setting before i made the iso). does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do? thanks

7. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

NEVERMIND!! I FIGURED IT OUT!! i went to the tutorials post in this forum and i noticed they had booting tutorials. well i followed that and it worked...on the cheap no name disk!!! hell ya!!

8. Pagehim

Pagehim Member

Ikailburn can you e-mail me at pagehim1@aol.com i need to know where did you get the tutorial from. i am having similar problem.

9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

10. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

pagehim--did you find the tutorial