1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem No Menu

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Original RedDog, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Original RedDog

Original RedDog Newbie

Hi,
    simple situation.
    I filmed scene, imported from camera to premiere pro and edited video, edited sound in audition and authored in encore including menu... from encore i selected video ts folder rather than burn direct, now when i burn the video-ts folder to dvd i hve no menus. why, thanks...

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is VTS_01_0.VOB or VIDEO_TS.VOB in the VIDEO_TS folder?

3. Original RedDog

Original RedDog Newbie

This is folder contents...

Attached Files:

4. attar

attar Senior member

Hard to tell from the image, but if the VIDEO_TS_VOB file is in fact 54.1 KB, then it's probably the right size for a still menu.
    If you have a media player like MPC, drag or open the file with it and see if it is in fact the menu.

5. Original RedDog

Original RedDog Newbie

Thanks for input.. the menu is there, but when I put DVD into player, instead of the menu coming up the video starts playeing.. the menu will appear if I press the menu button on the DVD remote.

6. attar

attar Senior member

That sounds like the authoring program made an error.
    If you download and run PgcEdit, click 'File' on the top menu and open the VIDEO_TS folder: have a look to see it it's similar to the image.
    This particular DVD shown, is set to jump to the main title first instead of the main menu.
    It can probably be corrected using PgcEdit but the authoring program should be doing it right the first time.
    If you look carefully in the left column, you will see a line VMGM, LU........2b TitleM.
    That's the actual menu and the line I circled in red can be double clicked to get to an Editor that can change the 'Jump' to a 'VMGM Menu' instead.
    In any case, the authoring program should be doing it right from the beginning.

Clipboard01.

7. Original RedDog

Original RedDog Newbie

Thanks for your help... but that's a bit too deep for me, and it the app doesn't run on intel mac, PPC only.
    TS folder authored in Encore and burnt to DVD by Toast.
    I'll put it down to a glitch and try again.

8. attar

attar Senior member

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A Video_TS file is there for the audio data, and in a lot of rips it will be nothing more than an empty folder so they can be very small in size but it has to be there. The Video_IFO contains the instructions for the video playback and the Video_VOB files are your actual video backups. So if you're having playback problems then you shouldn't be looking there.

10. Original RedDog

Original RedDog Newbie

11. Original RedDog

Original RedDog Newbie

I think you may be mistaken...
    VIDEO_TS
    DVDs that contain movie information will have files with the extensions IFO, BUP and VOB in the "VIDEO_TS" folder. Files with the IFO extension contain information that allows the player to reference specific chapters, subtitles and audio tracks. Files with the BUP extension are backup files for the IFO files. These backup files allow the disc to play if the area containing a related IFO file is damaged. Files with the VOB -- video object -- extension contain the video, audio, subtitle and menu data that's decoded by the player and displayed on the screen.

AUDIO_TS
    Even though a DVD must contain an "AUDIO_TS" folder to be recognized by all DVD players, this folder usually contains no files or information. It can be used for special features or subtitles. When files are present in the "AUDIO_TS" folder, the files will have the same IFO, BUP and VOB extensions as the "VIDEO_TS" folder files.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, I meant Audio_TS but it was late. The Video_TS file should have everything in it and the Audio_TS file is empty. I just did a quick rip and here's a screen shot of the structure. Notice the Audio_TS folder is empty and in the second image you will see that everything is inside the Video_TS folder. The third image is a view inside of the Video_TX folder.

The 54.1 KB file is a measure of the size of his .jpg file.

Note to self, next time choose thumbnails.

Audio.JPG vidts.JPG inside dvd.JPG inside dvd.JPG

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018