1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more coasters!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sutman, Jul 21, 2003.

1. sutman

sutman Guest

1.Get yourselves a few CD-RWs
    2.Burn your untested software onto a CD-RW
    3.If it works use the same method to burn to CD-R
    4.If it doesnt, wipe the CD-RW and start again

I'm no expert so if there is a problem with this method let me know :)

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I have a better solution m8.
    1) Read the image to your hd
    2) Install Daemon Tools (freebie)
    3) Mount the image and play using a virtual stealth drive.

For "data", use CDMage(freebie) and drag-n-drop the image in the upper left dialog box. look to the right and presto! I see the directory of the entire contents of the cd.

After so many formats the cdrw will encounter bad sectors. It is recommended to format a cdrw 3x then toss in da trash can= too much money. I like my method m8, you?

Shoey :)

3. sutman

sutman Guest

only use 3 times??? jeez..i thought u could wipe and use at least tens of times..u live and learn :(

by the way, do i have use Daemon tools to mount a cd, or will the virtual drives with Alcohol 120% do the same job?

Cheers

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

A) Yes although Alcohol 120% cost some dough, Daemon Tools= [bold] freebie [/bold]

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ermm.... slightly off topic, does ClonyXXL read Deamon drives bcause I cant seem to get it to read an Alcohol Drive (or ParagonCD Emulator drive either).

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

ClonyXXL 2.0.1.5 can read my Alcohol 120% virtual stealth drives (image mounted) just fine m8. Daemon Tools, I dunno as it should...

7. Praetor

Are there any settings i need to be aware of to get ClonyXXL to read my virtual (Alcohol) drive? Because when i go to ClonyXXL cd setup it always says I have more drive letters than drive (the last drive is the Alcohol drive which isnt detected)

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Open ClonyXXL>Options\Tools>CD-Rom Setup>You should see all your drives listed. Click "next" to scan all drives then exit ClonyXXL then open and scan 1 o your virtual stealth drives (with mounted image). Using ASPI Layer 4.6?

9. Praetor

Yes I am using ASPI4.60. I clicked on CD-ROM Setup and I get ascreen telling me there are more drive letters than drives..... it scans for drives but only picks out the two physical drives.... :(