1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more DVDDecrypter...how do I burn now??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sugarcoma, Feb 16, 2007.

1. sugarcoma

sugarcoma Member

I have used Cheetah DVD burning sofware. My trial is now over. I have used BackPack Professional 4 DVD burning software. It now has an error. There is no more DVDDecrypter I hear... so now how do I burn to disc?? I use DVDShrink and would like a free or free trial dvd burning software to burn. Does anyone have any advice? I have tried Amazing DVD burner...I made coasters. I have tried Instant DVD burner....again, more coasters. I really don't want to waste any more of my blank dvd's. All I need is the burning software that I can download.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

2. sugarcoma

sugarcoma Member

Oh, one more thing to point out.... I have tried installing NERO 3 times and it WON'T install! Every time I click on the icon it freezes my whole computer. I have also tried ImgBurn but it is very complicated for me to use. It does not let me drag the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders. If all else fails I will just purchase Cheetah.

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What do you mean no more DVD_Decrypter? It's alive and well and still working hard. Check out RipIt4Me.
    As for burning software, you'll not get any better than ImgBurn.

4. sugarcoma

sugarcoma Member

Ok, I will see if I can find DVDDecrypter. Will this program burn to disc?? Thanks.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

just to poke at other issues, you seem to have a lot of software problems. if you backed up your data and reformatted your machine, i bet things would run a lot better with a clean install of windows.

6. sugarcoma

sugarcoma Member

EXCELLENT IDEA!! I am going to format & do a clean install of Windows. Thanks!

7. Shardel

Shardel Guest

You can still use DVD Decrypter. I then open the Decrypter file and
    run it through Shrink (a free program that is really simple). With
    Shrink I burn an ISO file to the hard drive. From there it is
    totally simple to use Imgburn. I have Nero on my computer but
    choose to use Imgburn because it's so easy.
    Go the the forum-user submitted guides. You will find some of
    the best guides on the internet for using these programs.
    Four of the best programs for burning backup DVDs are free.
    RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter, Shrink, and Imgburn.
    I would also suggest that you uninstall some of the old media
    programs that you don't use anymore. Sometimes media programs
    will conflict with each other and cause problems(ie. Roxio and
    Nero usually do not work on the same machine).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  8. blake123

blake123 Guest

or get img burn its made by the same person-lightning uk

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Here's the totally free system that works. As mentioned DVD Decrypter is alive and well in RipIt4Me. This little guide is set up to burn with decrypter, but I'd burn to the hard drive and use Imgburn because it has a burn speed control. Use the 1-Click in RipIt4Me. People have been known to make mistakes with the Wizard, even though is is simple. 1-Click mode does the complete processing and opens the files in Shrink for you. Remember to delete the files from the hard drive when you're through.

Round up your Software for the installation if you don't already have them installed.

DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15

DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0

FixVTS Home page or

FixVTS at AD

RipIt4Me Home page

With those 4 you can do a high quality backup.

Steps:
    1) Install DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.
    Note: Shrink and Decrypter need to be installed before RipIt4Me.
    If already installed you're ahead of the game. LOL

2)Use the RipIt4Me installer. It installs RipIt4Me and a version of FixVTS. Let the program install to the

default directory (unless there's a particular reason you can't), C:\Program Files\RipIt4Me .

3)Update FixVTS if necessary. The current version for update is 1.6.9.0. Open the FixVTS 1.6.0.3 and copy

the FixVTS.exe into the RipIt4Me folder in Program Files to replace the version already there.

RipIt4Me is now installed and ready to operate. If the above steps were followed, the paths in RI4M should already

be set. You can check the paths to DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and FixVTS
    (Open Logs/Settings - Preferences - Program Paths. See #2 in 2nd image below.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When in the RipIt4Me Preferences window you can rest the cursor over a setting and a box will open explaining the

function. (#1 in image above, cursor isn't visible over command setting, but explanation box is showing. Use this

function as much as possible to learn commands for RipIt4Me) Also Reading the short

official guide would be a good idea.

Leave the update notification on and keep the software updated for best results.

Hint (nothing to do with RI4M, but a good idea): If you had FixVTS installed before you will now have 2 instances,

wherever you had it before and in the RipIt4Me folder. To keep from getting myself confused, I removed an old

version of FixVTS I had previously installed. I left the version in RipIt4Me. If you choose to do the same delete

the old version and remove any shortcut you had for it. Go to Start/All Programs/RipIt4Me and right click on the

FixVTS shortcut and Copy and then Paste the shortcut to the Desktop. This allows you a desktop shortcut for FixVTS

when you want to use it without RI4M. You can always access it in Start/All Programs/RipIt4Me, but I like the

quicker access.

4)Make sure all on-the-fly decryption software is off.
    If you make a mistake it gives a warning.

[​IMG]

5)Put the DVD in the drive.

6)Open RipIt4Me and Select Wizard or 1-Click Mode.
    I'd suggest 1-Click because it does everything the wizard does automatically.

[​IMG]

7)When the Step 1 - Pick Drive, Target Folder and Rip Mode window opens be sure all boxes are checked under

FixVTS settings.
    (Picture above)
    If Process in place is left unchecked you will get a backup of your original files from before FixVTS

processing. With a 7GB DVD it would take up 14GB on the hard drive. It's optional, some may want the backup files.

Remember the backup is the original unprocessed and possibly noncompliant files.
    Be sure the Rip settings output is set to what you want.

8)Click Next
    Now you wait for RipIt4Me to rip and process the files. The files will be copied to the target Directory listed (or

selected) in the Step 1 - Pick Drive, Target Folder and Rip Mode window.

9)The cleaned files will be opened in DVD Shrink automatically.
    The quick analysis checks the files for compliance.

[​IMG]

If the files open properly, you should have compliant files.

At this point RipIt4Me is complete, it's finished the job of cleaning the files and making them compliant. The

files are now cleaned and can be used in almost any editing, transcoding or encoding program.

10) Since the files are open in DVD Shrink and we want a free backup we'll continue on. Remember from this

point on it is purely Shrink and nothing more to do with RipIt4Me.
    Select either Full Disc or Re-author

[​IMG]

11)Click Backup to open the Backup window.

[​IMG]

12)While in the Backup Window Check the Quality Settings if the compression is very high. This takes longer

but the quality of the video output is better. (Image above)

13)Set the burner option in DVD Shrink for DVD Decrypter.

[​IMG]

14)Put a recordable disc in the burner drive and let the drive get ready.

15)Once burner drive is ready click OK in the Backup Window. (Image Below)

[​IMG]

Now you sit back and wait for the DVD backup.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  10. blake123

blake123 Guest

do you post that on every thread someone ask how to burn.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Only when it appears someone is having problems and a short tut might work better than a lengthy explanation.

12. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Does it matter? PacMan is trying to help here are you?

Sometimes I post that tutorial too. It is helpful if you are having issues to see the screen shots. Especially if you are new to this. The original poster mentioned some confusion with the ImgBurn GUI so I think posting instructions with screen shots was totally warranted.

You will see it over and over again because people have the same issues over and over again and often have trouble finding the answers in a search.

@sugarcoma - Did the reformat and reinstall work for you? Let us know.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Kitty,
    Recently I've been noticing where people reload Windows and call that a format. Doing that can still leave problems behind. The "real" format erases the entire haard drive. Most times that's a little extreme to solve a problem. LOL It would get rid of any bugs, unless the user adds them back.

14. witenoiz

witenoiz Regular member

Some of us don't need the guides. BUT, that's because we used them when we were new. The screen shots really help new users and people that really have no idea what any Forum is all about. We all suggest or insist that you search for that topic or explore what other users have posted - but I'll be darned if that isn't a problem for new people.
    Regarding a new install of Windows! Make sure you have all of the disks required - off the shelf rigs normally have rescue disks. When you re-install, completely RE-FORMAT your hard drive. The object is to get the registry as clean as possible. This will take a LOT of time, but, your computer will work much better.
    I know this is the wrong thread, but when you do all of this work, invest in a can or two of compressed air. Take both sides of the case off - go outside or in your garage and blow all the dirt and debris out of the fans and crevices - get everything clean and it will run cool and quiet. Jack

15. blake123

blake123 Guest

i didn't mean nothing by it im just saying would it not make more sense give them a link to a guide.Im not saying your guides bad,its a pretty good short guide.
    one question tho why do you use sharp were it says compress with high quality adaptive error compensition , ive always used max smoothness

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The setting was the default setting for the program and got caught in the capture. It wasn't intended as an instruction tip. Also, what appears a long post due to the pictures is fairly short text. The pics exist at imageshack. As for the number of times I've posted the tut, it's not many. I didn't count, but I suspect less than five. Most of the time I just link to one that's already posted. I have no idea why it should bother you or anyone else. It was intended for novices and those unfamiliar with the software. I included it here because sugarcoma is looking for a something to work with DVD Shrink. For freeware RI4M can't be beat with DVD Shrink. Agree with ImgBurn and for use with DVD Shrink I suggest the exe file be replaced with one that supports ImgBurn for auto burning. http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=423&ssid=0&did=7 Instructions are included in the download.

17. blake123

blake123 Guest

It does not bother me,sorry if i sounded rude my broadband internet was out when i posted that and it took forever for me load on my friends dial up.

18. ZebUK

ZebUK Member

PacMan, many thanks for that excellent response to the user's problem, I also just followed through it and am currently backing up one of the DVDs I had major problems with yesterday although my problem is different than that of the creator of this thread.

I'm just so eager to get to the bottom of my own problem I'm willing to try anything :)

19. sugarcoma

sugarcoma Member

Oh lord have I been having issues!! I went to format and reinstall Windows and I cannot find my Windows disc. So, needless to say, I am not very happy. I have used that disc a zillion times, and now it appears to be gone. So... my second thought... I might have a virus. I downloaded the trial version of Norton. I did a complete scan. It didn't show any viruses, just some adware. I got rid of the adware and then uninstalled Norton. Norton screwed up my computer. I can't seem to keep a anti-virus progrom on here as well. I'm just having real computer issues right now. I think I will take a break from burning dvd's right now.

Thanks so much for your help!

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Tell us what your problems are, it appears sugarcoma can't get the PC to work.

Sugarcoma
    Sounds like a bunch of problems, but system ones and not particularly recording software.

Blake123
    I'd almost forgotten how slow dialup can be. Thanks for reminding me. ;) I'll have to remember to keep my DSL subscription.