1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no more need for full originial disc ids for patching!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Masoud23, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Masoud23

Masoud23 Guest

ps2OWNZ did some long re-search on DNA$ Disc IDs it seems it's possible to post partial DNA$ Disc IDs again! But this time we do it a little different, only the last 3 digit sets from a official Disc ID may be posted not the complete Disc ID!! Because then $ony can block those IDs what we dont want of course

With those last 3 digits peoples can create there own Disc IDs for the other 2 missing digits, because it uses a hexdecimal number between 0-9 and or A-F which can be generix (thats the online key for every seperate user) the other 3 digit sets which we give around are region and game identification.... If you post your last 3 digit sets around you wont risk of getting banned by $ony because they dont have your full DNA$ Disc ID, and they are not able to ban you by those last 3 digits because then it would ban all the players which own that game

So peoples post your Disc IDs like this:

SLES/SLUS/SLPS_012.34
    (Size = 00000.00 bytes)
    Disc ID = XX XX 01 23 45

NOTE: The Size listing is for the ELF size, not the game size!

And warning if you post a full Disc ID or request IDs you will get banned! Also FAKING the last 3 digits from a game will get you banned, or posting Disc IDs in other threads besides this one only. So start posting those partial Disc IDs again guys...

i get it and all but i dont get what to put in the two XX XX part ? can anyone smarter than me read it and explain it to me ! thanks :p))))))))

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

make something up. only valid characters are 0-9 and A-F
    So, replace XX XX with 0A 34 for example. This also leads me to believe that all id's are NOT unique, because there are only about 65,000 possible combinations for the first 4 numbers.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

it's funny how PS2OWNZ did a lot of research on the subject and came up with it 'cause yet again they take credit when someone else figured this out. People on IRC figured this out months ago (maybe even a year? can't remember exactly) and have been using this method for while now. All I got to say is shame on PS2OWNZ!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  4. Masoud23

Masoud23 Guest

thanks alot sly!!! i appreciate it!