1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no more sound :(

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by REAM, Mar 30, 2007.

1. REAM

REAM Guest

i just installed a fresh copy of xp home OEM, twice. the first time, i had sound, but i mucked something up, so did it again, and my sound has know been lost. i have no sound. i have connected my speakers, but have to sound
    XP doesnt even recoginse i have speakers set up

HELP please?

2. ELwater

ELwater Member

same shit happen to me....

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is soundcard enabled in bios if part of motherboard? any exclamation marks in device manager? xp does not recognise speakers just devices like soundcards.

4. ELwater

ELwater Member

like for me when i try to install the sound card that is in my computer and when i do it restarts my computer

5. REAM

REAM Guest

the only thing that has a yellow is a pci slot, and i am nto even using any of them.....

my speakers are intergrated into my montior, which is aslo a TV, and they work fien when watchign TV, so its either my sound card or I dunno...

here is the message i get when trying to play a song or video in wmp:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you might have to install the drivers for the sound, i know i have to do that with mine but my system is a built system and i have to install the drivers for the sound, you might try that

7. REAM

REAM Guest

i installed the newsest drivers for it, but it didnt work.....

wierd, and then i installed the oldest drivers, and it works!

thanks for the advice, but any6 reason why the old drivers work and new ones dont.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

were did the old & new drivers come from because have noticed when doing windows updates from microsoft that the new driver for video screws up & have to revert back to original installed version? don't know if same with sound as i use driver from chipset manufacturer not board manufacturer.