1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO NEED TO BUY A FLIP TOP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ub2cool4u, May 16, 2003.

1. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

There is no need to buy a flip top. the reason I say that is I found out a new way to play my imported and backup games with just the two swap magic disc's. Alright what you have to do is open up your PS2 and the remove the cover that holds the white disc, put the swap magic cd inside and put the cover that holds the white disc back on and press reset. When the screen comes up that says insert disc you remove the cover that holds the white disc and put in your imported or backup game in and put the cover back on and press X and you are ready to go. That will save you atleast $29.00 and you don't have to buy the flip top.

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

but on the other hand, your PS2 is all apart, and the danger of having a disc spinning that fasy uncovered is simply not safe. Have you ever seen a disc launch acrossed the room and literally stick into 1/2 inch drywall? I have, using the same method you describe above. this is a version of the old magnet trick, yes it works, but it's not safe at all. when i had a disc stick into a drywall wall, i decided right then never to do that again. if one of my girls would have been standing in the wrong spot, it prolly would have taken her head clean off. please dude,or anyone, BE CAREFUL USING THIS METHOD!!

3. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

NO NO NO buddy you got me all wrong, you cover it back up with the cd tray cover. I know it sounds really dangerous, but you have to cover it back up with the cd tray cover. When the swap magic cd is done booting remove the cover put the imported or backup game in and put the cover back on and you could even screw it back on if you want it really doesn't matter, and than you could enjoy your game.

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

oh ok lol! i was like "you're gonna cut your head off!!" cool man, safety first ya know. It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye.

5. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

The cd can't come out when you have the cover on it. And if you want to be safe you can just hold the cover till the game loads.

6. YodaX

YodaX Member

I would pay 29 bucks to not have to do this every single time I load a game.
    cheapskates vs lazy people :)

7. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

Actually if you think about it you could buy another game or two with those $29.00.