1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no need to buy "gamebit"

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by clwncarni, Jan 22, 2005.

1. clwncarni

clwncarni Member

if u want to open ur gamecube and dont want to spend the 10 bucks on a gamebit piece... U DONT HAVE TO.... I used a standard BIC pen and melted the bottom slightly with a lighter and pressed it onto the screw... wait for the plastic to cool and the pen molds exactly to the screw head.... worked AMAZINGLY for me.... :)

2. Mattercat

Mattercat Member

This may sound like a load of trash, but I took apart my gamecube a few days ago, and I used a bic pen heated it up until the plastic was liquidy, and pressed it hard down onto the screw, let it sit for a minute or two then unscrewed, after I had stripped a few pens for being too impatient I had made one pen that was strong enough to even screw them back on.

3. myname2

myname2 Member

HEHE! It does work! I just took mine apart. I had to re-melt the pen after each screw...But it worked. Now to mod the hell out of it, and put some regular screws in the sucker.

4. clwncarni

clwncarni Member

I had to remelt for each too... but works like a charm :)