1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Edwina71, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Edwina71

Edwina71 Member

Hi,

I just purchased the Lite-On SOHW 1663S. It came with Nero for burning. I do not like Nero because it is too complicated for me. Can someone please suggest another software that I can use? I am just wanting to burn some movies I have downloaded to disc so I can play them on a dvd player. Any suggestions would be helpful. I did look through the forum search and cannot find anything. Thank you

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Edwina71, welcome to aD -

There are a lot of burning programs. It would be nice to use a burning software that's compatiable with the program that you're ripping and encoding with -

What program are you using ?

BTW,
    there are many guides to aid you in using Nero. Have you looked for, or read any guides ?

Which ones ?

Pete

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Edwina71,
    ScubaPete gave you great advice. Can you tell us what is the file format of the D/L'd Movies you have. That will help us help you. Also what version of Nero do you have as you could use DVDShrink to rip and compress and Nero to burn automatically if your version is 5.5.10 or better.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually, I doin't think DVD Shrink works with Nero 5.5. I think you need 6 or better BUT you can always use DVD Decrypter (FREE) as your burning engine -

Pete

Here's the guide for that program and DVD Decrypter's download link :)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Cheers -

5. Edwina71

Edwina71 Member

Well the movies I have downloaded are Divx, DVDR, Avi, Mpg, and the sort. I did read some of the guides, but me and Nero does not get along well. I have used it before when I had my cd burner, needless to say I decided to change because it was just too many options to just burn a simple cd with just files. It did come with Nero 6. I did find a guide for making a dvd with Nero, but the way you move the files look alot different then what I am used to with working with cue and bin files.I have however downloaded DVD Shrink, but from what I understand that is ripping a dvd copy from a dvd. I have also downloaded Norton's Ghost to make myself a restore disc. I am not completely illiterate to using software and I am a fast learner but this is my first experience with a dvd burner and I want to make this as easy as possible. Thanks for trying to help me also guys. I really appreciate this. :)

6. Edwina71

Edwina71 Member

Please, do someone have some helpful advice? :D

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi again Edwina71,

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a Search function. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question - Here, I'll show you how to use it -

Now the following is a little confusing so stick with me - There is a box at the top of each page that is empty and has the word "Search" printed by it. By typing in a request, in your case, AVI to DVD - It should give you some associated material found throughout the forums. Pple who are asking the same questions and the answers to those questions. Some stuff you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies You with me up till now ? Good ! Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want then, in some very small print, under the heading "FORUMS", then under that "FORUM SEARCH", you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search". Heh, heh, Ya still with me ? Yea, I know it's messed up - Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, "AVI to DVD". I'm sorry it's so "round about" but we do have a lot of information for you :)

Yes, you can change what you're LQQking for: i.e. "Divx to DVD".

I'm truly sorry you don't like Nero. FYI, the reason it has so many options is to aid pple it getting exactly what you want instead of leaving you stuck with something you don't want :)

Cheers,

Pete