1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no or bad signal on hd channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by PKOssie, Dec 2, 2012.

1. PKOssie

PKOssie Member

hi i'm having trouble getting a lot of hd channels on my blade 7000 all the sd channels work apart from espn but a lot of hd channels dont work i get no or bad signal.i can get ssp1 hd ssp2 hd sspnews hd and a couple of hd movie channels i was wondering if my satellite dish needs slightly aligning i have been in touch with an satellite and aeriel guy who's going to charge me £40 to check the alignment seems a bit steep but do you think this could get me all my hd channels. thank you.

2. e45

e45 Regular member

Try doing a new scan maybe the channels have moved freq

3. blue88

blue88 Member

tried to get hatten fight last week could not get channel on freq i got, when i put them in on a manual scan i lost signal and quailty, i get 73% quailty. went to a friends and he had 80% quailty and could get it. is this my problem

4. PKOssie

PKOssie Member

thanks for reply i tried a blind rescan but still cant get loads of hd channels just says no or bad signal i even tried another cline but exactly the same.hopefully its the satellite dish needs slightly re-aligning.thing i cant understand is i have a dm 500 box upstairs and i can get espn but i cant get it on the blade box downstairs buts its coming from the same satellite dish.

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

swap boxes around as it maybe a loose connection,signal and quality will vary with a loose/bad connection.

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Did you not download a chan file as I advised in the other thread? Download one and if the chans dont work then you know its more than your box or cline

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  7. PKOssie

PKOssie Member

sorry for late reply been away working but i will try that. cheers.

8. dakii

dakii Member

i was having a similar problem with my directv in the US. the dish had drifted just enough to lose the HD signals. a small adjustment and all was good again.

9. PKOssie

PKOssie Member

finally got it sorted the dish did need slightly adjusting but the main problem was i needed a new lnb everythings working fine now and i've got all my hd channels. cheers.

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

excellent a happy camper now.