1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No pic on TV out from PC with TMD .avi

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by weedcup, Mar 9, 2003.

1. weedcup

weedcup Guest

I have a s-video out that works with some .avi that I downloaded, but not with the movies. The movie plays in Media Player fine on the PC but the WM pic frame on the TV is black. I can play other .avi files fine. Any ideas? Oh, and I get sound ok.

Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop
    Win ME
    Media Player 9
    ATI Rage Mobility 128 AGP 4X
    DIVX Codec 5

2. monzaman

monzaman Guest

To ensure that you get a picture on you TV make sure that your TV is set as the DEFAULT monitor. To do this RIGHT click on the desktop (not an icon) select properties/settings/advanced/displays and make the TV the default monitor (this procedure might vary depending on your video card) and your pc monitor no2. This will NOT stop your pc monitor from working BUT it will enable you to see the movie on your TV (but not on your monitor) it can be a pain but, as far as I know its the only way!

P.S you will also need to upgrade to the DivX 5.02 CODEC and will also need the AC3 codec (for some audio files) FFDSHOW and XVID CODECs are a must and use ZPlayer (Zoomplayer) to get rid of the black bands at the top and bottom of the screen. Dont use WMP as it hogs resources and is basically CRAP. Try here for all you require (and possibly more). MONZAMAN. http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools.htm

3. weedcup

weedcup Guest

Cheers. I will try that. More to come...