1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no picture,but have sound.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jborlace, Mar 14, 2007.

1. jborlace

jborlace Member

I have had my 360 now for about 6 months.It has been fine until the other day it started acting up.The games started freezing and now when I turn it on I have sound with no picture.At first I thought that maybe the HD cables were going bad so I hooked it up with the basic AV cable and still the same problem.I tried hooking it up to another tv and still the same problem.Anyone ever seen this?I sent it to Texas today.They are going to fix it for free,but I had to pay for the shiiping to them.It should be there tomorrow since I live in Texas.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

its just where the video port on the xbox crapped out, it happens to some people

3. jborlace

jborlace Member

Am I going to keep having problems now.I have heard that they don't send your 360 back to you that they send a refurbished one.Some people have problems a couple of days after they get it back.Thanks!!

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Since yours is 6-months old my guess is they'll want you to send it to them you'll just have to ring them to get the RA number (repair number for action and tracking),there are quite a lot of failing 360's with hardware problems ms put it at 3-5% if any of the sites i visit are anything to go by that figure is under estimated even the 360's own website has a stack of complaints and as for customer service issues don't hold your breath

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  5. jborlace

jborlace Member

I already called and got a reference number.They said that they would fix it for free.I just had to pay for shipping.I just hope they don't send me some peice of crap refurbished system.I would rather have mine fixed and sent back to me.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

do you have the receipt from the purchase? or any other way to know the serial number for your xbox?

7. jborlace

jborlace Member

I think that I still have the receipt in my car.I called them today and told them that I shipped it out and ask them if I was going to get mine back or somebodys elses.The lady told me that I would get mine back as long as it is fixable.If not,then they will send me a refurbished one.

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You won't get yours back. I don't care what the lady told ya. Someone else will get yours if they can fix it. You'll get a refurbished one.

9. jborlace

jborlace Member

Yeah,that is what I expect to happen.I just hope that it works and I don't have anymore problems.We pay way to much for this system to have these kind of problems.If I get it back and have more problems I will trade it for a PS3.I haven't heard of those having alot of problems.