1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Picture with HDMI Input?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Sudds, May 21, 2007.

1. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Reason am posting this is to ask members if they have ever had any trouble with HDMI input with the PS3.
    Twice i have had to restore complete default settings, in order to watch through HDMI.
    And both times the console would not turn on through pressing the PS button...
    Sound output was there (through fibre optic) but all i got was a black screen.
    Now am not slow when it comes to configuring my console or any other technology, so am thinking is it a firmware problem that hasnt been addressed.
    I rang Sony and explained the situation, and drew a blank from the operator.
    So let me know if any of you have ever experienced any thing like this, or is it just my console...

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Maybe the cable or input is damaged? I used the Component AV cable and have had no problems with that on my HDTV.

3. marantz69

marantz69 Member

i had the same problem,only had ps3 3 or 4 days when mine started,had to return ps3 for a replacement,new one is working fine,seems only a handfull have this problem,sorry to say but looks like you will have to return it.

4. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I dunno Midnight... if the cable or input is damaged in anyway, i dont think it would work at all.
    The cable is brand new and so is the TV, i dont have any other hardware with HDMI output so i cant test it.
    I have seen a thread here somewhere, with a problem simliar to this.

@marantz69, how often did it happen to you mate?

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  5. marantz69

marantz69 Member

only had it 5 days and it did it twice.