1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no play errors sometimes

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sporty67, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sporty67

sporty67 Guest

i am using ripit4me,ifoedit and dvdshrink and some of my backups get error on stand alone dvd player NO PLAY, but if i keep ejecting and reinserting it finnally works. why is this happening?using sony dvd+r 16x. can someone help please?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried another brand of discs, such as Verbatim? Is your firmware current? How fast are you burning? Do you use paper adhesive labels? Why are you using IFOEdit?

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Deoending on whether it's the Taiwanese or Japanese Sony, it could the the same media as Verbatim. The MIJ is TY and the MIT is a Sony. I use both and the MIT is as good as the MIJ. So I doubt media unless it's just some of a bad batch. Use DVD Identifier to see who the manufacturer is. It's free, just google.

You don't need IfoEdit with RipIt4Me. Set up properly the RI4M can do everything needed in the 1-Click mode. With difficult copy protection it's been suggested by some not to use the ISO output option. It has been shown to make a difference.

What DVD are you trying to do?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I forgot, booktype to DVD ROM for better compatibility if your burner allows the option.