1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No playback whatsoever

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kdaly1, Jan 9, 2007.

1. kdaly1

kdaly1 Member

Hi...I have looked everywhere for an answer to my question and have finally resulted to just posting it. I do not burn DVD-Rs or know anything about them. However I own a burned DVD-R disc that does not play on ANYTHING..not my DVD player, PS2, XBOX 360 or even my computer (which I was totally stunned about). The DVD-R is in perfect condition as well! It will play for about a 5-10 minute period, only if I play directly for the beginning, no scene selection. What is the problem here? I'm very confused, especially for the fact that it won't even play on my computer. Thank you for anyone that responds, your help is greatly appreciated. I would love to know some kind of solution here.

2. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

the fact that there is no scene selection, is just probably the way it was burned (all extras menus etc were removed to save space) but a couple questions to try to answer your question. the main one being, how old is the disc, and what kind of disc is it?

3. kdaly1

kdaly1 Member

the disc is a Sony DV-R Ver. 2.0..and it is about 2 years old at this point. The funny thing is there is a main menu screen for scene selections but when I tried to play a different scene, it won't read the disc but it WILL play about 10 minutes of the disc from the beginning if I just select Play from the main menu. Is there a way to copy this DV-R to a newer disc and maybe it will work? Thanks for the help

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You need to explore the disc to see what is on the disc if it was burnt wrong you can not Rumplestillskin