1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No progress during encoding

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by whebster, Mar 3, 2007.

1. whebster

whebster Guest

I've seen a few threads on this topic, but no solutions for my problem.After adding the files and setting up chapters,adding menus, yadda , yadda, i go to start the encoding process and it makes no progress although the time elapsed ticker keeps counting.
    Any ideas?
    thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Well, it just happened to me. And it seems it will depending on some set of circumstances. The first thing I would tell anyone working with NeroVision is to SAVE often. That way if it does hiccup, you can start where you left off.

To fix the current problem, try rebooting, cold preferably, to see if you can clean out some areas, then try again. If that isn't enough, I would check how much space I had left on the hard drive, and perhaps defrag it. Also, when it happened to me, my computer was running slow for some reason, possibly the transcoding attempt had used up all the resources.

3. whebster

whebster Guest

Thanks for the suggestions, I usually do have problems w/ free disc space , i'll keep that in mind.In the mean time i'm getting my hands on the full version of convertxtodvd, after trying the sample version it worked out prettty well.