1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no ps2 mod chip required??????

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jokersmit, Dec 26, 2004.

1. jokersmit

jokersmit Member

There are sveral sites claiming that with DVD wizard pro there is no need for a mod chip to play backed up games. Has anyone found this to be true? After using the software to create a backup of GTA: San Andreas I placed it in my PS2 and a screen came up that read- insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disc. What does this mean?

2. rashad1

rashad1 Member

It was a lie.

3. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

sorry to say, but you got jipped, unless you got a free copy. hopefully you did.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The people at DVD Wizard Pro should all be drug out and shot in the head on behalf of all the folks they've ripped off.

5. jokersmit

jokersmit Member

I guess I should have found afterdawn before I bought the software hopefully I can still get a refund. The site I based my purchase from is called http://mussel.supremeserver14.com/gamecopyreview.htm
    where they reviewed 5 different copying softwares and the top two did not need a mod chip. I didn't think they were affiliated with any one of these companies! Anyway, what are my options besides a mod chip because I'm not that comfortable ripping into my PS2?

6. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

flip top, slide card and both require swap magic disks. you can always send your ps2 to someone to install, or if you know someone with good soldering skills, then seeif they can do it.

7. mbrownab

mbrownab Guest

where can a guy send a PS2 to get a professionaly installed mod chip?

8. g_raider

g_raider Member

THAT RIGHT!!

I got one done. and now i can play anything, Import, Backup. I found this guy he in THAILAND and he give me good price on the PS2 games. It so cool

9. MFOsaka

MFOsaka Member

One of the best spots that I know of is Norcalmods. Do a Google search and you'll find them. John does some lovely work with modding... ^_^ He took care of my PS2 within a day or so.