1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO RECOVERY MENU...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by adobo, May 24, 2007.

1. adobo

adobo Member

greetings everyone...i recently upgraded to 3.03 OE-C using winstaller,
    my question is, why is there no recovery menu on my psp, the only thing i see is that 3.03 OE-C firmware install under GAME menu. is this normal? what should i do?

can i format memory stick under 3.03-OEC?

how do i put XMB waves?

thank you...

2. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

turn off your PSP, hold down the R button and turn it back on = recovery mode.

Yeah, after the upgrade to 3.03 OE-C it does not need the files on your memmory-stick anymore, just use the PSP own format under the systems menu and it will format, it will also create all the folders you should need in the future.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  3. adobo

adobo Member

thanks man... i have a question... i have a 3.03 OE-C custom firmware, do i need to install winstaller 1.5 recovery? or 3.03 OE-C has this option? sorry for the noob question... thanks again man...

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

dont worry about adding the recovery on your psp, it will just display a corrupt icon on your xmb. If you ever need it you can use the recovery when you semi brick your psp cause you'll still be able to access the usb via recovery menu.

5. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

You can format memory cards from your normal user interface; its in the systems menu area (not recovery mode).

3.03 OE-C has a build in recovery feature/menu.

Turn off you psp (keep power switch pressed for 3sec). press down the R button and keep it pressed down. Then just turn it back on. It should Boot in recovery mode.

oh,

and make a backup of your flash0 if you are going to mess around with your XMB files. (just copy all the stuff in flash0 to your pc and keep it safe. that way you can copy it back if something goes wrong)

6. adobo

adobo Member

thanks again man... i have backed-up the flash files...

if i use the recovery menu will it return to 1.5 or it will just re-install 3.03 OE-C?

thanks for the help...

7. adobo

adobo Member

one more question...

can you link me on how to use custom XMB...

thanks...

8. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

on recovery nothing at all will happen it just changed settings as for xmb waves use google or try this site
    http://www.psp-customs.com/
    tel me wot ya think

9. adobo

adobo Member

Nice site... i hope you could add more...

do i simply drag the files to flash0/vsh/resource to get the custom XMB to work?

if i made a mistake moving these files will this result to a brick or semi-brick psp?

thanks man...

10. staxx

staxx Regular member

semi brick

11. adobo

adobo Member

in case of a semi brick...

if i drag my flash0 back up files to the flash0 on the psp, will this un-brick the psp? thanks for the quick response...

12. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yes it will and replace the files u replaced the originals that semi-bricked get theme swapper v1.3 for 3.03oe-c