1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Signal from HDMI, but was working before

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Izack, May 29, 2007.

1. Izack

Izack Member

So here's my problem, and its a weird one.

I have a Westinghouse LTV-32w3HD (http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=14)
    When I bought my system the HDMI to HDMI was working fine. I could play in 720p and the PS3 automatically detected it. I took a week hiatus from the PS3 and when I return it on I get nothing. No sound, no video, just a green light that the PS3 is on, and a no input signal on my screen (it was on HDMI input).

I switched to AV cables and it worked fine, but whenever I switch to HDMI I still get no signal. I upgraded to 1.8, tried the 5 second two beep trick, tried the unplug for two minutes trick, tried to go to the menu and switch to HDMI trick, and resetted my TV to factory defaults.

At first I thought it was a faulty HDMI cable, which was weird cause its was very new, and it was the Sony HDMI cable. When I had both my AV cables and HDMI cable plugged in and started the PS3, it told me that it detected an HDMI cable, and if I want to switch to it. Obviously I said yes, switched to my HDMI input, and STILL nothing happened. So I know the PS3 see's the HDMI cable, and it was working fine before, before my week hiatus I in no way changed settings on my PS3 or tv. I even resetted all the settings on the PS3 to no avail. The only option I have left is to restore the PS3 to its factory defaults. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Yes, and f**k is it annoying, so your not alone mate.
    They only way to get HDMI back on is to do a complete 3 hour restore.
    This is a firmware problem, and i have already e-mailed Sony about this and give them a link to show just how many people are having this problem.
    The only other option is to use component cables.