1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no signal input

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Gizmo101, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Gizmo101

Gizmo101 Member

does this mean the graphics card is history? because I have made sure everything is plugged in and it is, i did look at the cable (the blue one with screws in, dont know the name of it) and there is only 14 pins in it and there is supposed to be 15. I tried a differnt computer monitor with a differnt cable and still no signal input.

Do you think that the pin from the other cable may of gone through the computer and maybe peirced the graphics card?

Please help

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if you've pulled the CMOS battery and left the computer unplugged for a while, then hooked it back up and tried different monitors with different cables and had no luck, then from my experience i'd say your graphics card is shot. it might have shorted or anything else.

does your computer post, as in, you hear a beep shortly after you turn it on? if not, your motherboard might be gone, too.

3. Gizmo101

Gizmo101 Member

yer it beebs, thank goodness for that. I have got a graphics card off my friend to see if its the graphics card I will put it in and see if it works then post back if it did or not.

Thank you for the help