1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem No Singal on Monitor

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Flawnex, Oct 5, 2016.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I don't know what to tell you... If the monitor is working on another machine, probably OK. If you can't see your BIOS post or the OS install, maybe a mother board or you screwed up mounting your cpu, bent pins etc. etc. Without it sitting in front of me I have NO idea..... Sorry o_O

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you try disconnecting all the cables to the drives as I mentioned earlier? do you have another or can borrow a psu just to hookup the motherboard & videocard if it needs extra power from the psu to see if the motherboard will post?

3. Flawnex

Flawnex Newbie

I searched some more and found couple people not having their cpu properly seated, even though they installed it properly in the first place, so I'm thinking of checking my cpu. The reason I'm thinking, not doing, is because I don't have any additional thermal paste right now (obviosly I can get some without too much effort), but I don't know if I have to reapply the paste if I remove my cooler. So I'm asking: do you need to reapply thermal paste when remounting CPU cooler?

4. Flawnex

Flawnex Newbie

Now when I booted my pc just to test it, the fans spinned like normal, but then suddenly slowed down (but did not stop) and then started speeding up until they went slower again, I have no clue whats going on.

To add, I did another boot and this time the CPU cooler had the fan spinning really fast, and case fan slow. Also I accidently hit the CPU coolers fan spinning super high while moving some wires and it cut a awful piece off my fingernail, that was quite idiotic of me. EDIT: It hurts, ow.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

clean all old paste off both surfaces & reapply to 1 surface.

6. Flawnex

Flawnex Newbie

Alright, sorry for not being active, had some other things going on. So I benched my setup, and got no results with just motherboard, power supply, processor and graphics card (again I doubt its the gpu) and got the issue, also mounted a ram stick, still nothing to be heard. I'm going to take it to someone who is more or less professionial at computers, and I hope he'll find the issue. Will report what the guy who'll check it says as I get the information. Closing in towards the result, it seems.

Any ideas right now how could I check without more hardware if some of the parts are broken or is there anything else that I can do?

7. Flawnex

Flawnex Newbie

I'm terrible at staying consistent with my updates.. Anyways, I did take the setup to a professional and he told the motherboard was broken, Amazon kindly said to send another one, and for some reason it didn't reach my home like the other items I ordered earlier did so they are sending a second replacement now.

Basicly the problem is now solved, even though I don't have the setup running or anything. I mean that there's really nothing anyone else can do now. Also I would like to give a shoutout to Amazon for being so understanding with the broken motherboard and sending a new one without even asking me to return my broken.