1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no solder chip wont eject tray....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ukblue, Mar 30, 2004.

1. ukblue

ukblue Member

i have a no solder chip that i use with Swap Disks....my problem is that i have been able to play almost any game using this method for the past year...well last night i would put my swap disk in and i would get the insert disk screen...i would press the eject button , the tray would fly out, i put the backed up game in there and ....well nothing...thats the problem...my tray will not go back in....i tried to do this several times and still nothing...i took the ps2 back apart and checked all the connections...all good....tried the dvd and cd disks...nothing....

so my question is ..has anyone have a no solder mod chip on a v7 ps2 go bad....i went ahead and ordered another one, just wondering if i am the first this has happened to....

thanks

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I had a no-solder chip kill 2 V7 ps2's in 48hrs. it made a high pitched whining noise while the tray was out, then it just went dead. happened pretty much the same way for both of them. I have a friend that has a V7 and his no-solder went bad after a year too. it could be that the chip has just gone bad. you could stick it in another system and see if it does the same thing.