1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No solder Mod Chip V. Flip Top for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cmmnsense, Jan 6, 2005.

1. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

Ther's alot of forums about this and in everyone ther is very little comments. The only comments I've seen beside another question is from sly_61019 who swears up and down that the no solder mod chip blows fuses in the PS2. He puts the message in every sorm and I think he gave a website you should buy a flip top from, I think he has a site or is involved some how with the flip top method. I want personal testimony on how long the no solder chip actually last with the PS2 and about the flip top method, do you pick it up while it's spinning? I'm ordering a no solder chip right now because they are $15 and I'll give it a try. How long has anyone gone without blowing a fuse in their PS2 while using a no solder mod chip, and is the flip-top as great and easy on the PS2 as everyone says? If there's decent evidence then I won't install the chip and order a flip-top.

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

The no soder chip is just fine I have had it for years and nothing bad has happened to my ps2. All the games that I back up work fine. I have not herd of fuses being blown before, I think you should go with the no soder it's more user frindly. :)

3. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

i would go for the flip top. No solder chip tend to die out after a year.

4. philipman

philipman Regular member

I have had mine like over 2 years and it still works like new.

5. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

Thanks guys, I can believe the chips only last so long, a year is a good deal though hopefully I can make it last until the next Play Station, is it going to be called the PSX? I would appreciate anyone else's experience with the chip or flip-top. Thanks again.

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I lost two PS2's to no-solder modchips due to fuse blows. One lasted for about a month (v4 PS2) and the other was about 2 months (v6 PS2). Just to clarify, it's not the modchips that fail, they tend to damage the PS2's themselves.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  7. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

i had my ps2 4 years and it went out on me then i got it fix for free because it was only the lens that went out. the speed of the disk run fine it just wouldnt play dvd r games but cd r games work great. but now i can play both cd r and dvd r

8. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

sony will fix the ps2 for free if the model number is very old about say 4 to 5 years. you should take your ps2 in if it stop working on u guys

9. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

I Got my ps2 chip and it came with a neo 2.2 and it was set to go and i had a web site on where to get my ps2 back ups at

10. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

a chip is pointless if you dont know where to get the games or how to burn them your self. mod chip should be a illgal but i love them so much

11. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

wtf is wrong with u ?? u do this in 10 threats spamking , dont give dumb advice . where is a moderator ????

12. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

Your PS2 isn't lost, replace the fuse. I think I am going to give the chip a try, simply because it will only effect circutry, which the fuses protect and can easily be replaced. Burning PS2 games is the easy part, from what I hear. It's kind of odd though how some people say their no solder mod chip lasts a year and others only months, in alreality user error/installation could be effecting this. Or just plain the amount of burnt games you play/imports/region DVDs. I just hope mine lasts a year, Annual chip and fuse replacement is nothing for the abilities the chip provides, overall more safley that soder chips, which can actually have a permanent effect on the PS2. What brand of no soder are people using.