1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No-Solder Mod Killing PS2s?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by UKbulldog, Apr 2, 2004.

1. UKbulldog

UKbulldog Guest

I've got a v7 PS2 with no-solder mod and SM3 and CDLoader discs which work fine.

I heard that some people have fried their PS2's using the no-solder modchips.

My question is, did those people immediately kill their PS2's when they first switched on after installation or some time later? Comments please!

I'm thinking of getting a $20 fliptop and removing the no-solder just to make sure my PS2 doesn't die, but I'm reluctant to get rid of the no-solder because right now, it works fine!

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

My v4 unit lasted about a month with a no-solder in it.

3. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

My friends' PS2s have lasted for months without problems (v4, v5 and a v7). I've never heard of that problem.

4. convolute

convolute Regular member

I would research a bit more before changing. It already works, and maybe the no-solder chips have improved since then to not fry ps2s, so the makers can sell more product.

5. UKbulldog

UKbulldog Guest

It's no big deal for me to spend $20 to make sure I dont destroy the PS2, but I just like the way the no-solder works