1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No-Solder Mod with Swap Magic disc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by psx245, May 8, 2003.

1. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i just ordered a no-solder mod kit with swap magic. Please if you can tell me does it work on most games.

Thankz guyz

2. cheib

cheib Member

Yes most games do work except Clock Tower 3, Hitman 2, Splinter Cell and a few others, i'm sure there are a few more but those are the only ones that I personally cannot play

3. Chelica

Chelica Member

Should have just purchased a Gameshark 2. At least you have some other purpose on using the Gameshark 2, unlike the swap disc.

4. psx245

psx245 Regular member

v7 can't use gameshark with no solder only magic swap disc

5. Chelica

Chelica Member

Can V7 with Messiah 2 Pro use gameshark for codes?

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Yes

7. ps2modbrn

ps2modbrn Guest

I have a no solder mod with the swap magic disc... I have a version 4 and I can play Splinter Cell.....the only one I cant play is Vice City.

For the amount of games you can burn vs the ones you cant - you'll still be saving a ton of money that maybe you can just buy the few that dont copy well.

8. telescope

telescope Regular member

Hi psx2
    From where did u order cause i am also thinking for going for it
    Just wanted to ask is it worth getting no solder mod with swap disks as i also hav a Ar2 v2 + Sbox with me and i dont want to go for a soldering chip
    Also tell me wat is the difference between a no solder modhip or a FLIP TOP cover as both of them require booting
    And which one would u suggest more flip top or a no solder mod

9. Chelica

Chelica Member

Telescope, I suggest the No Solder Modchip. If you already have the AR2 then go for it. With my Gameshark 2 and No Solder Modchip, I am able to play both Vice City and Xenosaga, something that FLIP TOP can't boot. And plus, you already have the AR2, so that will save you MONEY. And since you already have the SBox, that is another plus. That means that you are going to be able to play both DVD-R and CD-R that is 80 mins. I purchased my No Solder Modchip for 19 with shipping. And also let me know once you purchase it, there is a way to boot up with the No Solder Mod. The instruction that they give you on how to boot it up is faulty.

10. Chelica

Chelica Member

and by the way, the reason why you CAN'T play Vice City is not because of the No Solder Mod, it is because of the Swap Disk. If you are using GameShark or Action Replay, you will be able to boot it, no joke. But with the no solder modchip, you will need an original game that has a LARGE TOC size. I use final fantasy 10 to boot up all of my backups. If you have Devil May Cry or GTA3, that will be useful also.

11. telescope

telescope Regular member

But i dont hav any original Game
    Will the demo disk with Ps2 with a larger TOc
    I am thinking of going with a swap disk
    And i didnot understand the + point of SBOX
    According to me its useless
    And also from where did u get it ( no solder mod)
    Is it cheap now

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  12. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I have a backup of vice city and it plays fine on both my fliptop and no-solder chip, both booted with swap magic disc.

---Chelica - - how do you have a copy of Xenosaga booting? thats a DVD9 game.

13. Chelica

Chelica Member

Telescope, The No Solder Modchip can NOT boot CD-R that has more than 630-650 MB in it. It is because you are using the Gameshark or Action Replay to boot it. But the SBox modchip, that is able to boot up 80 Minutes CD-R but can NOT boot DVD-R. So if you have both the SBox and the No Solder Modchip, you are able to boot DVD-R (from No Solder Modchip)and 80 Minutes CD-R (From SBox Modchip) I however suggest that you only boot DVD-R for games. I never use CD-R backups...

Darthnip, A friend of mine helped me out. He is the one with the DVD-Writer. I can give you his e-mail and get the DVD-R from him. Email me at trudeception@aol.com Because I do not think I can give you that info in the forum. And

14. Chelica

Chelica Member

The Demo Disk for Devil May Cry will work. That has the same TOC size as the priginal.

15. Chelica

Chelica Member

Darthnip, I was not sure if I answered your question but Xenosaga is a DVD9 Rip. Similar to a DVD game ripped to a CD-R, but it is a full game. The only thing is that the intro scene, is really really ugly. Instead of being a full blown CGI graphic, it is like a PS One CGI graphic, very rough. But doing so it cut down on the DVD space. But it does not change the game in any way. The game cutscene uses 99% in-game graphic, so it does not cut down on graphic. Just the intro, well I have only played 1 hour of it, and everything seems fine. I will let you know if anything bad comes up, I doubt it.

Telescope, I do not think you should invest in a swap disk if you already have an Action Replay. Those Swap Disk are pretty expensive, and you will be spending as much as if you were to get a swapless modchip. Another point of getting a No Solder Modchip is the cost of it. It is VERY cheap compared to the Messiah 2 Pro and such. And also, I do not know if you like to use codes for your games. But I know for SURE that my Gameshark Version 1.9 is able to boot DVD-R backups and play with the codes activated. So I am sure that it will also work for the AR2. Email me if you have further question or if you want to know where to get the No Solder Modchip for 19 with shipping.

16. Chelica

Chelica Member

Darthnip, when I said that it was a DVD9 Rip, that means that it is a DVD9 game that is ripped to fit a DVD-R, not a CD-R.

17. psx245

psx245 Regular member

18. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Chelica - ok, i got ya now

19. telescope

telescope Regular member

ok thanks chelica for ur support i think i would hav to go for swap disks if i purchase No solder mod
    As i dont hav any original except The demo disks
    So wat do u say should i go for it
    I also hav another option to go for is magic 3.1
    Pleez tell wat should i do

20. Chelica

Chelica Member

Telescope, Is it a clone magic or is it the real Magic 3.1? The Magic 3.1 is good but I think that the Messiah 2 HK. A clone Messiah is better. And last time I checked, the clone Messiah is not that bad of a price. Only get a No Swap Modchip if you are condfident that you can solder it, or know someone that can do a good job for a decent price. The reason why I got a no solder mod is because I do not have the time of day to master the art of soldering before I take on my PS2, hehee.