1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No solder modchip and swap magic for PS2 V7

Discussion in 'PS2' started by egui, Jul 6, 2003.

1. egui

egui Guest

I just installed a no solder modchip and I use swap magic on my PS2 V.7.The problem I have is that some of my cd-r backups don't work.My dvd+r backups don't work at all.Is there anything that I have to do diffrent to make my backups work.Is there a certain burning software that I need to use.Can anyone help me with this issue.I really appreciate your help.

THANK YOU!

2. billz

billz Active member

try record now it's availble for trail download at www.downloads.com don't forget to follow aD tutorial at top of page.

3. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Also make sure you burn at the slowest speed possible and that you burn an image file to the HD first. Anyone of the programs in this guide should work: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105 just make sure you follow the instructions.

4. egui

egui Guest

I tried a dvd+r backup and it sounded like it was reading it but nothing happened.Do I need to use diffrent discs? or should I try dvd-r?

5. rdo37

rdo37 Member

ok those cd-r backups that dont work...check if their over the swapmagic cd-r TOC limit...which is 632MB. if its anything over that it wont work with swap magic.

6. rdo37

rdo37 Member

and for the dvd-r's it doesnt matter if its + or -. u are using the swap magic dvd disk to boot, right?

7. cmp333

cmp333 Member

what color did the swap magic border turn into? like everyone is saying... burn slow!!! (1x), use good media!!! (verbatim), and try a good program!!! (nero). sometimes swap magic is very picky about what it plays and what it doesn't play.